Thursday, May 6, 2010

My gift for mom: Memories

My mom lives in England with my sister, and rarely gets to see me or my children, if not in pictures.
This is why I thought it would be nice if I could create something for her that contained as many pictures of her children and grandchildren as possible, but at the same time, was portable enough to always bring with her, wherever she goes.
I was so glad when the swatch book format came out, because it really tickled my imagination, and among all the other projects, it gave me the opportunity to create something unique for my mom.Italian. I  desire her to realize that even if we are far away, she is very blessed to have so many grandchildren.
I was hoping to be able to see her in my last trip to  Italy, and see her reaction when I would hand her the gift, but unfortunately she wasn't able to come, so I had to bring the swatchbook back, and just send it to her together with a nice card.
 I loved the fact that I could just put the swatchbook inside the card, and send it in a normal envelope (saving me a good bunch in shipping^_^). Also, she will not expect to find a real gift in it!

I can't wait for her to receive it, and know about her reaction. I really hope this will bring a great smile to her face, and will let her know how much we all love her and miss her.

How about you? How are you going to tell your mom that you love her this mother's day? And how about any other day?

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails