Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In remembrance of a brave soul...

Today is a special day...
2 years ago, today,  a brave soul went back to our Father in Heaven.
He was the son of two wonderful people, the brother of a sweet little girl.

In his 2 1/2 months of life, he touched a countless number of people's hearts.
I was pregnant with my Luca, when Hayden started his mission on earth. When I heard about his brain cancer I was astonished...  I couldn't imagine the pain his family was going through, I didn't know what I would have done if that would have happened to the baby that was still in my bosom...
I wished I could have done something to help Hayden and his family, but there were already so many doctors and family and friends, and I couldn't leave my kids alone. I remember  trying to sign up to bring food for the family that was constantly being at the hospital, but so many were the people that were going to prepare meals, they didn't need my help.
That says a lot about Hayden and his parents. So much love was shared during his brief little life...
So many people held their children tighter, and thought twice before getting upset at whatever they messed up...
All of a sudden it didn't matter if my child spilled milk on the floor, or if he climbed on the hutch and threw all the books down, or if he ripped pages off books that were just bought...
All of a sudden eyes were opened, and blessing were seen everywhere...
Hayden might have lost his battle with cancer 2 years ago today, but he won the war.
He was able to do something that most of us probably won't be able to do even if we could live 100 years.
He brought families together, helped people understand what is really important, and whenever somebody will think of him, he/she won't be able to help it but realize that for as big as life problems can be, nothing is more important than showing our love to our children and our whole family.
His funeral was one of the most moving events I have ever participated in my life. I don't think there was one person that didn't have tears in their eyes, especially  when a poem was read about this brave little soul...
(The Brave little soul, by John Alessi ~ click on the image to magnify it)

Hayden, thank you so much for being so brave and fulfilling your mission on earth.

* I was grateful to be able put together a swatch book for Hayden's mom, that she could bring with her wherever she goes. As I created each page I felt like I was finally doing something for him, and his family.


You can read more about Hayden on his blog, and also be part of  “Hayden’s Wagon of Love”,  to help other children and families at the Wolfson Children’s Hospital and to always remember Hayden.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails