Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Creating home decor

I must say, I am really starting enjoying creating my own home decor!
Using a template for a 12x12 page, I had my quotes printed and shipped to my house.
When my husband bought the 2x4 used to create the Heritage blocks, it was enough to create 2 sets of those and at least two sets of these FAMILY~FRIENDS~FAITH value ones and something else!
Once he had sanded the blocks, I started painting them

While the paint was drying, I cut the various quotes:

The simplify and amore one are for a later project.
 
Finally I used modge podge to stick  a quote on each block, let it dry and then applied a layer of modge podge over the whole block.


Pretty cool, eh? And so inexpensive!!!
This can be another great Christmas gift, or house warming gift, or just because gift, to have ready and prepared so that you know, should you forget a special occasion....;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can get a free Publishing account by signing up at http://www.preservemyheritage.com/ and start creating unlimited projects at once!
Want more? Check out our incredible host rewards and fantastic package deals!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails