Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday: Oreste Santoriello and family


One of the great things about cemeteries in Italy is that you will find pictures of the deceased on almost any tombstone, and this is true for my family's tomb.
My dad bought the piece of land in the Cava de' Tirreni cemetery(in Italy) and build it in 1963 to host his family members' remains. I consider it a blessing and I will always be grateful to him for the sacrifices he did to make this happen.
While I feel that my dad is always with me, going to the cemetery and offering a prayer in front of  these tombstones gives me an opportunity to feel even closer to them.
The picture of me and 2 of my boys on the tomb was taken in March 2008, which was the last time I was able to go to Italy. Even if you don't see it, my third born was there too, still floating in my belly.
I deeply desire to go back to Italy to visit my family and pay my respect to my ancestors, and I am working hard to make this happen as soon as possible.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails