Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful


This is the Season of thanksgiving...
Being Italian, I have never celebrated thanksgiving until I moved to the USA, but I was pretty happy to have one more reason to ponder why I should be thankful, and remember all that I AM thankful for.
Life is pretty difficult right now for so many of us, so many loosing their jobs, so many going through health problems, so many fighting emotional battles...
Still, we all have something we can be thankful for.
Every day is a new gift to us, and a new opportunity to make things better, and to be thankful for our blessings, no matter how big or small.
Being thankful really changes the way our day goes, and the way we treat others.
If we are thankful for what we have, we won't waste our time letting envy possess us for what others seem to have that we don't...
If we are thankful, we are more willing to help others that have a little less to be thankful for..
If we are thankful, we say thank you more often, and we make more people happy.
There are days, I know, in which  being thankful is the last thing that crosses your mind, maybe your child just dropped your favorite vase and there is no way to fix it, maybe your friend just said something that hurt your feelings, maybe you just lost your job, or you didn't get the one you were hoping for, maybe something even worst happened...

For days like this, I have a list to which I periodically try to add something more , to help me remember that there are still things and people I am thankful for.
You can start one for yourself too, if you haven't yet, and see if that works for you.
You can start it this thanksgiving, and add to it any time your realize how thankful you are for something.
I am pretty sure that by next Thanksgiving you are going to have a huge list that you might also desire to share with your family, or you can make it a whole family project, whichever sounds right to you!
So, let's all strive to be thankful, not only during this thanksgiving season, but all year long, and in so doing spread a feeling of thankfulness all around!



1 comment:

Miriam Robbins said...

Congratulations! I've awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award here.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails