Monday, September 12, 2011

High contrast family trees

If you have been looking through my projects you might have realized that I pretty much prefer pastel colors when it comes to creating family trees and similar, but lately I have been thinking that I should dare creating some that are kind of bold, so here is what I came up with.
I put together a tree with silver leaves on a brown trunk, and played on the contrast with various backgrounds.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 I like the contrast because it makes the family tree highly visible in a nice big room, if printed on canvas or framed in a poster. These are just an example of how this high contrast family tree can look, but really any color back ground would work, and it can be chosen according to a person's house decor, or simply their taste. I practically had to control myself because I was having so much fun with all the different shades of backgrounds!
These can also be printed on 8x8 or 12x12 scrappages, or you can make placemats out of them, which would make them perfect for a family reunion, or why not, for a Thanksgiving table, after all, what better to be thankful for than our family? Each person could have a place mat with their own favorite color background, or even with their own picture at the base of the tree.
They can be printed on greeting cards, post cards, or also be the cover of a post bound scrapbook album.

I gotta say, I am hooked!

Which one of these is your favorite? Which one you think is like a punch in the eye?
Please let me know if there is a color I haven't thought of, I will be happy to create it and post it on the CavaGenealogy genealogy photo album.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can get a free Publishing account by signing up at http://www.preservemyheritage.com and start creating unlimited projects at once!
Love my Creative Genealogy templates and ideas
My HM club members can have their favorite Creative Genealogy template transferred to their account for personal use, or  can have it completely personalized by me for them  for a reasonable fee.
Want more for less? Check out our incredible host rewards and My Club HM!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails