Monday, October 10, 2011

Creative Genealogy: the art of recycling

If you know me, you know that I just cannot stand waste.
I love been able to use everything to its full potential, and do all I can to make this happen.
In my house we recycle everything. We do compost for our garden. I garage sales or I donate items to charity or freecycle so that somebody else can use what we don't need, Most of my kids clothes are hand me downs from some family member or friends or their own brothers.
I could go on and on about my efforts to recycle, but this should give you an idea of what I am talking about.
This characteristic of mine applies also to my Creative Genealogy projects, and since HM has finally introduced the capability of importing complete pages into a project, I am in a complete recycling mode!
I have been changing formats to many of my projects, mixing different project together, and while doing this my mind has been overwhelmed by the infinite possibilities!
I have also been able to recover projects whose formats where not available anymore for printing, and change them as needed.

Another way I recycle my genealogy projects is by switching pictures on a family tree, like when I changed a tree I created for my children in the same tree but with my husband and his siblings as the root persons



or when I use different pictures of the same persons for the same family tree, just to maybe have a tree with them when they were young, and one with their latest picture.
or when I create a descendancy chart for kinship explanations for 2 different ancestors in a family tree.

or when I find a template created by somebody else and say "Why didn't I think of that before!" or "This is just perfect for me, why reinvent the wheel?" and I either use it as is or transform it to fit my needs.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Recycling!!!

The nice thing is, I do all this without wasting paper, glue, or any other tool traditional scrap-booking requires.
I don't risk losing my project, because it is safely stored in my Studio online , and I can publish copies or different versions of a project whenever I want, or just wait for when that format is on sale (Yeah, I love sales;)).

I already posted a couple of my "recycled" creative genealogy projects, but  stay tuned, since I have many more to come and remember to like my facebook page also for extras I don't have the time to post here!
(Yes, 4 boys age 7 and under can somehow take most of my time;)).

If you want to start recycling creatively too, join my Club HM!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can get a free Publishing account by signing up at http://www.preservemyheritage.com and start creating unlimited projects at once!
Love my Creative Genealogy templates and ideas
My HM club members can have their favorite template transferred to their account for personal use, or  can have it completely personalized by me for them  for a reasonable fee.
Want more for less? Check out our incredible host rewards and My Club HM!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails